Friday, April 27, 2012

Two women...

I think I have two different women living in my head.


traveling...

shopping...

One woman dreams about traveling the world to see the glorious sights. She loves to look at clothes and wishes she had the body thin enough to wear them well. She wants to go boating, she wants to ride motorcycles, she wants to have 2 vacations a year, she wants to live The Life.









 

crafty.....
The other woman thinks about raising chickens because they would provide eggs, they would provide learning opportunities and maybe just a neat experience for the children as they grow. She thinks about learning how to sew and actually making things. She thinks about finally finishing the blanket she has been crocheting for about 2 years now. She dreams about making beautiful quilts. She wants to be crafty. She would like to be smaller too but she really just wants to be loved no matter what her size. Healthy is more important than skinny, right? She thinks about cooking healthier and with the possibility of this family starting a GF/CF diet soon that might just be happening no matter which woman is present in my head at any given moment. This woman also dreams about traveling but her travels are never about beautiful sights or about herself, they are about others. She wants to travel to China to adopt a little girl, she wants to travel to Africa to help the many needs they have, she wants to travel to a storm stricken area and help clean... she wants to Save The World.

Is it possible to be a fancy exciting crafty humble good little christian woman?

Is it possible to be that and still be the best wife to my hard working husband? ... the best mom to my wonderfully unique children?

Can I show my children all the beautiful things of the world by always having to stay home? If I somehow managed to show them the gorgeous places would they still remember the needy people that they should always help?

I know my problem, I want it all and that sometimes makes me feel selfish and greedy and sometimes I think well why not, why shouldn't I have some things, some fabulous life experiences? Now, don't get me wrong, I know I am blessed, so very very blessed but seriously sometimes I just get bored....


No comments:

Post a Comment